Friday, January 23, 2009

halfway across to Spain...


Water is much calmer today and everyone seems to be settling in. Staggering has turned to swaying as we all get our sea legs. The crew must find us awfully funny -- they all look so graceful when they walk.

There is a lot of excitement today as students pick their on shore trips for Africa, India and Thailand and the longer trips for the other countries. We are picking a few too. The ones for the earlier stops were chosen in December. I am sitting in an open area of the ship listening to all the activity as they line up at the Field Office desk or sit in groups making their plans.

Today I'm including a photo of students boarding in Nassau. Slow connection makes including photos difficult but I will continue to include a few.

2 comments:

NannerB said...

Your trip sounds amazing Theresa! I bookmarked the blog so I could keep up to date with your travels! Hope you aren't getting sea sick! Enjoy your time off, lay out, relax and drink a margarita for me!

Nancy

orbiter said...

Do you have access to a GPS unit so you could put Lat/Long on your posts?
I use this link
http://aviationweather.gov/obs/sat/intl/
to get a satellite image of weather you are in.