Thursday, April 23, 2009

moving along...

Only a couple of class days left, and not a lot to report, but I just wanted to let you know where we are at 2300 ship time:
Latitude: 21 degrees 47.2' N
Longitude: 138 degrees 53.6' W
Course: 93 degrees

Things were calmer today than yesterday, and all but a few people seem to be managing. No one even notices any more if someone else walks into them. John has experienced perceived motion while on land since our first port in Spain, to the point that he has not wanted to visit any sites that are very far off the ground. I had this feeling of motion in Honolulu for the first time, though I don't think mine was as severe as John's since it did not affect my confidence in tall buildings. John did some driving in Honolulu and I'm not sure I would have been comfortable behind the wheel myself. We hope this will not last long when we get home.

John has been marking papers and has his exams ready to go. There will be one set of exams before Guatemala and the second set will be after. We're seeing lots of students writing and studying and many professors we don't see at all as they remain in their cabins busily grading. I am starting to think about going through our stuff and getting rid of some things. I just donated our travel books to the field office, and we have some office supplies that we will probably not pack. There are clothes that we will leave as well, some that have been worn out in the laundry and others we just never want to see again!

No comments: