Wednesday, March 4, 2009

in the morning -- india!


Yesterday was our shipboard daughter Jane's birthday, so this evening we had a family dinner to celebrate, to catch up, and to figure out what everyone is doing in India. The kitchen folks are kind enough to help with birthday cakes, so we had a great ice cream cake and lots of fun conversation at our meal. We have plans to catch up when we all get back, since there will be much less time between countries over the next few weeks.
There is lots of excitement tonight because in a few hours we will be in India. We have just had the logistical pre-port and I am getting ready to pack for a little trip I am taking. I will be offline for 3 days while I attend a program called "Art of Living" which involves a two night stay at Dakshinachitra Heritage Village http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakshinchitra. There will be lots of activities which I will tell you all about when I get back. John is going to stay with the ship and look around Chennai. There is a yoga session on board tomorrow morning for his students, and he will be trip leader on a city orientation tour tomorrow afternoon.
I realize I didn't give location information yesterday. I think there is some recorded that I can find and post later for those that are plotting the trip, but the most interesting thing about that is probably that we did go around the east side of Sri Lanka rather than between Sri Lanka and India. We have been in the Bay of Bengal on the north side of Sri Lanka most of today and the speed has been slowed to control our arrival time. Back in a few days...

No comments: